March 29, 2007

My best friend...

I woke up a little while ago thinking about my best friend. My best friend is Jesus. To those of you who do not believe, I may sound like a nut. At best, you may think, "That's good for him, but I do not need a crutch." All I can say is you don't know what you are missing!

I can talk with him about anything, anytime, anywhere. He is always there for me. Though He is perfect in every way, He loves me unconditionally despite all of my flaws. He has literally died for me. Where can you find a more awesome friend than that?

It's great to wake up and know that no matter what happens to me today, He will be right there in the middle of it with me. I hope to have a good day. But if I don't, I will call on Him. Actually I will call on Him anyway. I want to be a good friend to Him.

- - -

John 15:12-15
12 "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lays down his life for his friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike I like your blog and you are right what better friend to have than Jesus. I know one thing I think his comeing back is very close and we need to ready the devil is fighting hard on us. But anyway I wanted to say thank you for having this blog and have a very blessed easter.

Mike Wilhelm said...

Michael, Thanks so much for your kind and encouraging remarks. After a trying day, it was great to read your comment. I appreciate it!