December 06, 2007

Our God is an awesome God

Deuteronomy 7:21 "Do not be terrified by them, for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a great and awesome God."

Deuteronomy 10:17 "For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome..."

Exodus 15:11 "Who among the gods is like you, O LORD? Who is like you - majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?"

Nehemiah 1:5 "Then I said: "O LORD, God of heaven, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with those who love him and obey his commands..."

Daniel 9:4 "I prayed to the LORD my God and confessed: "O Lord, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with all who love him and obey his commands..."

3 comments:

Tom said...

Great Scriptures, Mike!

Mike Wilhelm said...

That they are!

Ryan LaGrange said...

I often find myself stressing about day-to-day things in my life. I also know that I am not alone, most everybody feels anxious from time to time. But when I think about the big picture, I feel foolish: Do I not trust that God is in control, and that He does all things for good? Verses like these that proclaim God's awesomeness and glory help me to keep things in perspective. He does not burden me with more than I can handle, and He is in control of everything. Thanks for these verses!