July 01, 2007

A couple of thoughts...

from the past week...

Jeremiah 29:10-13
"This is what the Lord says 'When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fufill my gracious promise to bring you back to this place. 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart....' "

God wants to be found, however, He wants us to be willing to give all we are and have to find Him. Are you willing to seek Him with all your heart today?
******
Also heard Jeff Foxworthy say something on an awards show I thought was pretty good. He was speaking of God being a prominent part of country music. He said that we were not trying to offend anyone but the evidence we have seen of God working in our lives trumps the opinion of those offended.

Once again the greatest proof we can give of His existence is what He has done for us personally. Our personal testimony is one of the greatest tools we have.

1 comment:

Mike Wilhelm said...

We can certainly testify to what we know he has done in our lives. No one can take that away!