April 08, 2007

Where it's at

People love love Christmas and rightly so. It is a time of year when we remember the birth of the saviour Jesus Christ.

However all too often we forget why Jesus was born. Jesus came into the world to show us how to live and then to die for our sins. Friday marked the day that Jesus was crucified, dying for our sins. Today marks the day he won final victory over Satan by rising again. Think how important this is. Without the resurrection, we would be walking around hopeless. The resurrection to me is the ultimate evidence of the truth of who He was and is. The most hardened skeptic cannot explain it away. The bottom line is that they can go back to His tomb and look all they want and they won't find his body. It is the ultimate proof Jesus was who He said He was and did what He said He would do.

Again, Christmas is great but Easter is "where it's at."

4 comments:

Mike Wilhelm said...

Great post, Tom!

And...Happy birthday tomorrow! Have a good one!

Mike

Tom said...

Thanks, man. Catchin up with you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike I thought you like this so I,m going to share it. I had back trouble for a long time about 15 years well it would get better and than worse. Well last fall I was working in a carpet store and I picked up a rem of carpet well that did it my back was hurt worse than it was before. So around the first week of December they told me that I had to find a job some place else because they didn't have anything for me to do there. Well this went on for months me not working so 6 weeks ago my doctor told me to have an MRI on my back so he could find what was wrong. Well they did they found I had a bulging disk and that was the problem. Well after being in pain for this long I was praying to God to touch my back and heal it well this went on for weeks. Well this past Monday night I was at my promis keepers at my church Kingwood in Alabaster and we were talking about the power of praise and worship music. Well the next day I was on my way to class and I put a praise CD on in my truck and I went to praising God and when I got home I dropped something on the floor and I bent down to pick it up and I notice that I could touch my toes! I have not been able to do that for all most 6 months! GOD HEALED MY BACK PRAISE GOD!! I can now bend over touch my toes God's power is awsome all we have to do is stay out of his way and let him work. Well I went back to my doctor today and told him what had happened it blew him away he was happy. Well I thought you would like this so I just had to tell you have a blessed night.

Mike Wilhelm said...

What a great testimony! Some folks may not believe God has the will or power to heal. But if He loves us enough to die for our sins and He has the power to create us, why wouldn't He and why couldn't He heal us? It brings to mind the verse (paraphrased) about having a form of Godliness but denying the power of God. You know what he has done for you! Thanks so much for sharing!